Status of Project

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:11 AM
I am new to this project. I am in the process of installing VS 2012 Express for the desktop. I see there is already some code written. So, what is the status of the project currently and what do you need help with ? I could help out with some backend work. Thank you.
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Hi jackielhong. Today I redesigning the main form with the support queue. There is a lot of work with the backend including package elaboration issue is a class of temporary files compare two websites. Is there area interesting you ?
Feb 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Yes. I would be interested in working on this. Do you already have some design/thought in mind ? Thanks, Jackie

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 26, 2013, at 5:15 AM, "altego" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi jackielhong. Today I redesigning the main form with the support queue. There is a lot of work with the backend including package elaboration issue is a class of temporary files compare two websites. Is there area interesting you ?
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:20 AM
I would order that the principle of
  • The class initialization enter two codes reference
  • A class of its retrieves the data from the temporary files class
  • Class compares their contents
  • Class generates a new temporary file changed according to the scheme - green background added items, deleted items yellow background with red strikethrough font (about to expand)
  • Class returns a string with the path to a temporary file
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Since I started design work in this class please checks and confirm that I do not accidentally introduced changes interfere with your goals.
Mar 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I have not started looking at this yet as I was still looking at the issue with the Eliminate File Save Errors. Seems the Check Site functionality needs to work first before I can test out this File Save issue. But Nothing happens when I do a Add new site, then select site, and do check site. I wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong ? If not working yet, is this something I can help with or is this part of your redesign as well ? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 3, 2013, at 4:56 PM, "altego" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Since I started design work in this class please checks and confirm that I do not accidentally introduced changes interfere with your goals.
Mar 8, 2013 at 8:01 AM
With the compare of temp files, are both input files XML ? And the output will be in XML ? If all true, we may be able to use a DLL from Microsoft called, XMLDiffPatch. Have you heard or used this before ? Seems like it will do what you want, but not sure about the coloring part in output right now.
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM
We don't need comparing xml package. XML contains only structure of downloaded webpage.
Mar 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
What kind of files are we comparing?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 8, 2013, at 5:20 PM, "altego" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

We don't need comparing xml package. XML contains only structure of downloaded webpage.
Coordinator
Mar 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Each temporary type of file is described in package by mime tag. A point to contents at package is content tag, at package file of course.
Mar 10, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I am still uncertain what is in the content of the files. Do you have some samples of the files content ? Also, will this change be in your compare class changes and do you still need help with this ? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 9, 2013, at 6:16 PM, "altego" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Each temporary type of file is described in package by mime tag. A point to contents at package is content tag, at package file of course.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM
Comparison class is under control and I do not need any help. Thank you.
Mar 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
I see. Let me know if you need help with anything else. Thank you.